Monday, February 23, 2009

Part 8

Cassie took a set in Franks office as he went to the other side of his desk, to his own chair. He sat with his elbows on his desk and his head in his hands for a moment before looking up to Cassie.
"Cassie, what the hell were you thinking?"
"Frank." she said weakly
"No Cassie, You came into a police station with a gun, and you were gonna shoot Dax infront of Mallet, who happens to be a police officer, at a police station. What were you thinking?"
"I just....I just wasn't....I just wanted to make him pay."
"OK, OK, I get that, but you're so lucky it was me and Mallet here and not someone else or you'd be sitting in a cell right next to Dax or worse."
"I get that."
"No Cassie, I don't think you do. I know everything that you have been through in the last couple of years and I know you're upset about Reva and the baby but if I didn't know you so well and the situation behind this little escapade. I would throw you in a cell and charge you with a list of things ten miles long."
Cassie turned her focus from Frank to the floor as she tried her hard to stop the tears that threatened to fall. Frank got up, walked over and knelt infront of her placing his hands on hers.
"Cassie, I know that you have alot going on in that pretty little head of yours but you need to pull it together.....you need to pull it together cause I need your help." he said in a soft sweet voice
Cassie looked up.
"What do you need my help with?" she asked with confession
"Well it's not just me, it's Reva too."
"Frank what are you talking about?"
"I'm sorry.... this is what I need.....I need you to help me get a confusion out of Dax.... I know we have evidence, but we need to know why he did it. This is very important, cause we need to know what was going through his mind to make sure he doesn't try to pull an insanity plea. Now I know it's gonna be hard, maybe impossible but the less I have to put Reva through right now the better."
"How is she Frank, and the baby?"
"Last I knew, they were putting her on medication because of high blood pressure and contractions, but that's all I know."
"I need to get back there."
"Not a problem, I'll take you."
"Thank you, and yes, I'll help in anyway I can." she said as she throw her arms around his neck.
He slowly put his arms around her and pulled her closer to him. He liked this. the feel of her, the smell of her, he just liked all of it, all of her. He quickly pulled from her embrace, turning his head form her, slightly blushing. Cassie looked at him, she know he was avoiding looking at her. She wondered if he felt something. The same something she was feeling.
"I have to know and there's only one way to find out."she thought to herself
She placed her hands on his face and turned it to her.Their eyes met, neither could turn away. They were liking, no loving what they saw in the others eyes. Quickly in unison, moving into a kiss. A long, slow, passionate kiss. Cassie the out a soft moan as Frank pulled them into a standing position, turning them around and gliding them onto his desk with her under him without his lips ever leaving hers. Their hands started to explore each other as their kiss became more and more passionate.
Frank reluctantly pulled back and looked into her eyes. He need to know if this was what she really wanted and instantly Cassie knew what he was doing, what he was thinking.
"Please don't stop." she whispered
That was all he needed and without hesitation he placed his lips back on top of hers. She ran her fingers through his hair as he made a sweet trail of kisses from her lips, along her jaw, down her neck and finally ending in the middle of her chest, right above her low cut shirt. He slowly ran his hands up her body until they reached the first button of her shirt. As he unbuttoned each and every button he placed kisses to her newly exposed skin. As he reached the last button of her shirt, they both jump to the sound of the phone ringing. They let out a deep frustrated sigh in unison.
"You need to get that, it could be about Reva." Cassie said breathless as she pushed Frank off of her.
Frank let out another sigh and rolled his eyes as he reached for the phone.
"Frank Cooper."
"Frank it's Rick. We've got the DNA sample from Reva's rape kit back. When can you bring me your sample from your perp? I'll do the test myself if you can bring it in today."
"Not a problem Rick. I'll bring it right to you. By the way, how's she doing?"
Rick explained everything he knew to Frank in full detail, and as he hung up the phone his mind once again swam with questions that he knew would never be answered. Cassie noticed the confused look on his face and instantly knew he was thinking about Reva.
"Frank" she said quietly, bringing him back to reality.
"I'm sorry Cassie."
"No, it's ok. Right now Reva is most important, so how is she...and the baby....how's the baby Frank?"
Frank told her everything that Rick had told him about Reva, the baby, and that Jeffrey was right there by her side. Everything about the rape kit and everything they had managed to collect from it. And as he finished, he noticed her face drop as she tried her hardest to process everything.
"Cassie, You alright?" he question in the most kind voice.
"Umm...yeah.....Let's get that DNA sample from Dax so we can get back to the hospital." she said as she quickly buttoned up her shirt.
**********************************************************************************
Josh sat with his eyes closed and his head leaned against the wall behind him in the waiting room. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice that Buzz, Coop, Lizzie and Bill had come back in. He tried to keep his feelings in check as he thought that he should be the one by Reva's side, not Jeffrey. Yes, he knew that Jeffrey was her husband and the father of the baby, but in his mind, he knew her better than anyone and he was the only one who could get her through this. He and Jeffrey had made peace with each other for Reva's sake after he had come back from visiting Shane, but he still hated the fact that she was with Jeffrey. He felt like the only reason she was with him was the fact that he looked so much like Richard, and to him it felt that Jeffrey played off of that. Richard had been a big problem for them and now a Richard look alike was doing the same thing. He promised Reva that he would let her live her life the way she wanted and with whom she wanted but he could help thinking of how wrong it all seemed. He wouldn't say it to anyone for the fact that it might get back to her and then he would lose her altogether, but he couldn't help the way he felt. At least she was still in his life right now, maybe only as a friend, but he would take what he could get after the way he had hurt her. Marrying Cassie was the biggest mistake of his life. He did it because he wanted to hurt Reva but he never thought that he would hurt her so bad that she wouldn't come back to him.
Josh was abruptly brought out of his thoughts by the feeling of someones hand on his shoulder. As he opened his eyes he saw Billy standing over him with a weak smile.
"Hey little brother, not sleeping were you?"
"No, no, just thinking."
"How's she doing'?"
"I'm not sure, I haven't heard anything in awhile."
"Where's Jeffrey?"
"He's in with her right now." he said with disgust as he rolled his eyes
"Come on bro, you know she's happy with him. She loves him and nothing is going to change that. And as much as I wanted her to go back to you, I see how happy he makes her and that's all I want for her. And he loves her as much as you do."
"No one can love her as much as I do."
"I'm not saying this to hurt you but you need to let her go just like I did. Granted, I was not for this in the beginning either but I have really gotten to know him and he loves her with his whole heart and that is all that matters. And no offence but you have no one to blame but yourself."
"Billy, I really don't need the third degree, I have enough on my mind right now if you don't mind."
"I think you need it now more than ever. I see that look on your face and in your eyes and I know it all to well. You want to be with her more than ever, but you have to let it go. Trust me. I know you love her but if you loved her as much as you say you do, you would want her to be happy.....and she is happy Josh, as much as you hate the fact that she's happy without you. You have to take what you can get and to just thank God that she still wants you in her life at all."
"Don't you think I know that Billy. I know that I'm lucky that she even wants anything to do with me after what I did to her, but the fact still remains that I don't trust him."
"Come with me. I want to show you something."
Josh just looked at Billy trying to think of what he wanted to show him that couldn't wait.
"Get up Josh and come with me now." Billy said as he grabbed Josh's arm and pulled him out of the chair.
Billy kept his grip on his brother as he drug him out of the waiting room and down the hallway. He finally stopped and let go as he reached Reva's room.
"Now look in that window and tell me that he doesn't love her."
"Not now Billy."
"NO, you look in that window right now and tell me to my face that he doesn't love her."
Josh slowly turned his head and looked in the window of the door and his heart sank. Billy looked at his brother knowing that his heart was breaking but he knew this was the only way he could make him see what he had seen. To see the real love that was between Reva and Jeffrey. The love that in Billy's mind was more than anything Josh and Reva had ever known together. The love that anyone would kill, just to have a piece of what they had. Billy continued to watch as tears silently fell from Josh's eyes. He hoped and prayed that they were because he was finally getting the picture of what Jeffrey and Reva really felt for one another, not just the fact that she was in someone else's arms.
"Now do you see what I mean little brother?"
Without a word Josh took of down the hall and Billy followed.
***************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment